Our increasingly youth-conscious culture drives many of us to seek magical treatments that can bring a youthful glow back to our skin. The cosmetic surgery and beauty industries are booming, but that doesn’t mean surgery is necessary to achieve a youthful complexion. Recent advances in anti-aging skin products and therapies have led to improvements in many professional, minimally or non-invasive skin treatments that can melt years off your skin. Here are the top 6 skin treatments that can help you get that youthful glow:
- Dermal Fillers or Anti-Wrinkle Injections are injectable gels or other solutions designed to plump lips or fill wrinkles, lines and facial folds. Many different materials are used as dermal fillers, including fat, collagen and hyaluronic acid. Your skin specialist may require you to undergo allergy testing to find out if any of the dermal filler materials cause sensitivity.
- Botox or Botulinum toxin A injections are a popular choice among the “stay young” set because they offer dramatic, long-lasting (3-4 months) results. Botox injections target the muscles directly beneath the skin, preventing them from contracting and thereby causing wrinkles. Botox gives skin a smoothed-out appearance and works best to treat frown lines and crow’s feet. In some people, this treatment may cause side effects such as headaches, muscle weakness and nausea.
- Chemical Peels are professional treatments that use a variety of chemical compounds to peel away damaged surface layers of your skin. These treatments can remove mild scars, improve your skin’s texture and even out pigmentation. Chemical peels may sometimes cause scarring and permanent skin discoloration.
- Microdermabrasion is a mechanized form of skin abrasion that removes the upper layers of damaged skin through the use of mechanical tools and aluminum oxide crystals to reveal fresh new skin. This technique works well for treating wrinkles, skin discoloration and deep scars. It can take a few weeks to heal from microdermabrasion, depending on the depth of your treatment.
- Laser facial treatments or laser skin resurfacing like RevLite® Rejuvenation or Laser Genesis™ Skin Rejuvenation can tighten sagging skin and increase collagen production. Results progress as your skin heals post-treatment, and usually appear a few weeks after your treatment session. Your dermatologist will recommend a good anti-aging moisturizer to complement the results of laser skin treatment.
- Light Therapy or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Fotofacial can bring back a youthful glow by boosting collagen production under the surface of your skin. IPL uses tiny pulses of calibrated laser light to penetrate deep below the damaged skin’s surface. This treatment is usually only available at medical spas and dermatology clinics. You may require several sessions before you see a difference, but results from IPL Photofacial™ treatments will continue to manifest for a few weeks after treatment.
Click here to learn more or find a dermatology facility near you that is offering these top anti-aging treatments.
Posted by on 4/30/2012 12:47:31 PM
Top Cities for Smart LipoMore Cities