Accent XL is a noninvasive skin treatment used to correct and improve sagging, wrinkled skin as well as cellulite. This treatment is especially popular for delicate areas of the skin, where there might be wrinkling, such as the backs of the upper arms and the neck.
Accent XL treatment has several key benefits:
- Multi-tasking: The device has two modules to treat two layers of skin at once. One module improves the texture of the surface skin with radio frequency waves that tighten areas that are sagging. The other module uses electromagnetism to create friction and heat in the cells below the skin, which stimulates collagen production and loosens up existing collagen that has become rigid. Collagen is essential to firm, youthful skin, and a lack of new collagen is one of the main culprits behind both sagging skin and cellulite.
- Flexibility: This treatment can be applied to any area of the body where loose, wrinkled skin or cellulite are problems, including areas with very delicate skin that might be too sensitive for more aggressive treatments. It can be used effectively after dramatic weight loss to tighten up excess skin.
- Safe and painless: The device has a built-in cooling feature to prevent the patient feeling much or any of the heat produced during the procedure. The radio frequency waves and dual-layer process are both designed to be safe, even on thin skin. No anesthetic or injections are required, and a session typically lasts less than an hour, depending on the area to be covered.
- No downtime: While patients may experience some redness from the heat after AccentXL, they should be able to return to normal activities the same day. There are no visible side effects or specific after-care regimens.
- Long-lasting results: Patients will see results within a few weeks of the initial treatment. These results can last many months on their own and can be supplemented by additional sessions. By following up with adequate protection from the sun and diet and exercise, the longevity of results can be boosted even further, to the point of achieving a permanent change in the body.