How to Choose a Sculptra Specialist

Once you have made the decision that Sculptra treatments are right for you, it is time to decide which doctor you will choose to perform the injections. There are so many dermatologists and plastic surgeons to choose from, that making the choice can be a difficult thing to do.

Primary Care Providers or Internists

The first line of action is to ask your primary care provider or other physician if he can give you a referral to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon that successfully performs the procedure. If your doctor simply knows of a general dermatologist or plastic surgeon, telephone the respective office; find out if he performs Sculptra injections. If not, the doctor may refer you to another professional.

Family Members, Friends and Work Colleagues

If he does not know a professional who can help you, your next step is to ask your family members, friends and colleagues. It is always best if the person you are asking has had a positive personal experience with the Sculptra process, however, do not discount a referral to a well-known, well-liked doctor as well.

Online Contacts

If none of your offline contacts have any ideas for you, the next best thing to do is to get online, go to your favorite search engine and start searching. Use keyword phrases such as ?find a Sculptra specialist,? and be sure to include your geographical location.

Keep in mind also that through your search engine, you should be able to locate message boards and blogs where you will be able to chat with other patients who have situations similar to yours, as well as benefit from the experiences of others who have had the procedure done themselves. Typically, once a search is performed, a list of dermatologists will appear for your town or city, and then it will be up to you to research which doctor is a good fit for you.

Have specific questions?

All Article Categories

Before & After Photos

Suggested Doctors

Recently Asked Questions