ArteFill is a collagen filler that is used to fill in deep folds that stretch from the nose to the corners of the mouth. It differs from other fillers that are used for the same thing. Other fillers are temporary and get absorbed by the skin. This causes the need to have repeat treatments to keep up with maintenance.
ArteFill is unique and is not absorbed by the skin. This results in beautiful, long lasting skin. Thousands of people are turning to ArteFill and are getting amazing results.
Medical Conditions that Can Prevent Treatment
ArteFill may not be right for everyone, and there are certain conditions that may prevent you from receiving these treatments. If you have any of the following, ArteFill may not be right for you:
- Have a positive reaction to the skin test given before treatment
- Tend to have thick scarring
- Are having desensitization treatments to meat
- Have severe allergies to drugs
- Have any blood related condition that increases bleeding
- Have outbreaks near the treatment area
- Had other filler treatments to the same area
- Are having UV light therapy
- Currently on immunosuppressive therapy
Anyone who wants to go through with the ArteFill treatments should discuss all medical conditions and concerns with their physician prior to any kind of treatment.
You may experience some mild swelling and reddening of the area. This usually will last no more than 25 hours. You may also experience some mild swelling that can last anywhere from 5 to 7 days. Some other symptoms include a rash and itching and tend to go away within 48 hours. This treatment has not been tested to be safe for pregnancy. You may experience some infection at the treatment site as well, and this procedure is not for anyone under the age of 18.