Hyperhidrosis Botox Treatment is among the latest of cosmetic treatments recommended for treating Hyperhidrosis—an irritating condition of excessive sweating that is common to men and women. This condition typically causes profuse sweating from the underarms. The excessive sweating often leads to repeated skin rashes and fungal infections. This kind of sweating isn't always caused by external factors, such as heat or humidity. People with hyperhidrosis tend to sweat profusely with minimal or without any physical activity.
Ideal Candidate for Hyperhidrosis Botox Treatment
Among the many options used for treating hyperhidrosis, using BOTOX® injections is regarded as the least invasive and easy alternative. Other options like surgical intervention are very expensive and include a substantial recovery time.
People who are considered ideal for the use of BOTOX® treatment include those who:
- Have tried conventional, over-the-counter measures for treating hyperhidrosis with little success
- Are in good overall health (mental and physical) and understand the outcome of BOTOX® treatment
- Understand that this treatment is not permanent and puts forth recurring expenses
- Don’t have a history of allergic reaction to topical anesthetics
- Don’t have a medical history of unwarranted swelling or bruising upon being injected
- Don’t have a history of reacting adversely to botulinum (the injected compound)
- Don’t have neuromuscular diseases
- Don’t have infected skin around the preferred treatment sites
- Are not using antibiotics/medications that might react adversely to the injected compound (a bovine derivative)
Please note that most forms of BOTOX® treatment are recommended for people above the age of 18 years.