Are you plagued with acne scars or do you have a child that is facing this traumatic skin disorder that afflicts millions of people around the globe every year? If you answered yes, then you should know that there are treatments and medications options that can help rid the acne scars that are associated with acne.
For some people, acne is a normal part of adolescence. Acne is also the cause of teasing and harassment from other kids, it can be emotionally painful skin ailment that can be treated.
While acne is commonly attributed to poor diet and skin care, this and other types of problem skin are often triggered by factors beyond a person's control.
Types of Treatment for Acne Scars
• Dermabrasion - which removes the outer layers of the skin to produce an improved appearance
• Laser Resurfacing - which destroys the outer layers of the skin
• Subcision - local anesthesia is applied, then a needle is inserted under the skin and moved gently back and forth to release the scar tissue
• Blue Light Acne is Blue Light PhotoDynamic therapy and it's FDA approved. This acne treatment kills the P acnes bacteria in your skin. It can be performed alone or accompanied by a topical application of ALA, or Levulan for the treatment of acne vulgaris
• Fillers - improve the appearance of acne scars by flattening the scar, but they are temporary
• Chemical peels - use chemical to resurface the skin and improve the appearance of the face and acne scar
• Topical medications - that include bleaching the acne scars
Treatment is a viable option for acne scars, treat the acne and relief the teasing, the jokes, and the painful comments that are linked with acne.
If you are interested in learning more about treatment for acne scars you should contact a cosmetic surgeon in your area. Whether it's treatment for acne scarring or another cosmetic procedure that you want to have done, there is a cosmetic surgeon in your area who can assist you today.
DermaNetwork.org is a leading resource for acne scars information. Search for a cosmetic dermatologist near you today!