Mesotherapy is a non surgical treatment used to reduce cellulite and fat in individuals. Although most people can have the procedure done, there are a few factors that may affect your ability to undergo the procedure.
An ideal candidate for mesotherapy includes the following:
- Patients between the ages of 18 and 75
- Patients in good health
- Individuals who do not have a history of blood clots or strokes
- Patients who have tried other methods of weight loss
Who Shouldn't Undergo the Mesotherapy Treatment?
The following women shouldn't get this procedure done:
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Individuals who take blood thinning medications
- Diabetic patients
- Patients with heart problems
- Patients with conditions such as cancer
- Patients who are ill or are considered unhealthy
Performing the mesotherapy treatment on individuals not suited for the procedure can result in serious complications, and even death.
Before the Procedure
Before a patient undergoes mesotherapy, her doctor will need to be informed on her complete medical history and family history. Genetics can have a large impact on the medications used in mesotherapy, so knowing the patient's medical history is important. In addition, there are different medications used for men and women. Age also plays an important role in medicines for the mesotherapy. Your doctor will take all of these factors into careful consideration before injecting any medications.