Prevelle Silk is a new option of injectibles that fill wrinkles or add more volume to lips or other facial areas. Among the reasons patients opt for Prevelle Silk is the quick recovery time and the minor side effects. If you are considering a Prevelle Silk treatment, you should find out about the recovery time and get a few tips to reduce the possible side effects.
Recovery after Wrinkle Filling
Prevelle Silk can be used as a dermal filler to erase wrinkles from areas such as the corner of the eyes (crow’s feet) or the folds that form starting from the nose to the lips (nasolabial folds). The recovery period after a Prevelle Silk dermal filler is minimal. Each patient may respond differently to the treatment, but the swelling and the irritation should be minor.
You should be able to return to your normal day. However, if you have an event to attend or you need to look your best, you should get the treatment at least 2 or 3 days prior to the event, to ensure the swelling is gone. You may not feel any pain after the administration of the dermal filler, but if you have migraines or feel discomfort in the treated areas, you can get some mild pain killers. Ask your plastic surgeon for a prescription or get some over the counter medication.
Bruising may be present in some patients. If you have more sensitive skin, you may expect to have bruises. However, these bruises may be covered with makeup. You may develop lumps also known as granulomas at the injection sites, but these are rare.
Recovery after Lip Augmentation
The lips contain a lot of nerve endings, and the Prevelle Silk treatment may be more painful if applied in this area for lip augmentation purposes.
Being a more sensitive area, the lips will be more swollen and irritated after the Prevelle Silk injections. You may not be able to return to work or interact with other people, due to the appearance of your lips, which may have an unusual look. However, the swelling and irritation should be gone within 3 days and you will have fuller lips.
Quicker Recovery Tips
In order to have a quicker recovery, you may follow a few tips:
- Immediately after the treatment, get home and apply ice packs or cool sponges. Keep the ice packs for 30 minutes and take a 30 minutes break after. Reapply the ice packs for up to 3 hours after the procedure.
- Stay in an upright position for 6 hours after the Prevelle Silk procedure.
- Don’t massage the treated areas, as this can cause the fillers to dissipate and may also cause additional swelling.
- Avoid the sun for 1 week after the administration of the hyaluronic acid.
- Don’t sleep on the face or treated areas for at least 1 week after the treatment.
- Avoid skin products that contain alcohol for 2 to 3 days after Prevelle Silk.