If you doctor just finished doing an Active FX treatment on you, you are only 50% done before you will have successful results. What you do from this point on is crucial to ensure proper healing and optimal outcome.
Immediate Post Treatment Care
Recovery starts from the moment after procedure, including the trip from the clinic to your home.
- You will feel intense heat on the treated area. Apply ice packs or cold compresses to your face immediately after treatment to reduce pain and swelling.
- Avoid any direct exposure to the sun.
- Aim the air conditioning directly at your face to maintain coolness on your ride home.
- The treated area should be free of any other direct contact. If you are wear glasses, insert gauze between bridge of your nose and the glasses.
- Take your pain medication as needed.
The First Few Days
The first few days after treatment will be most uncomfortable for you. They are also the highest risk period for infections and other severe side effects, so take the extra care and follow strict instructions from your doctors.
- Take your antibiotics and antiviral medication as prescribed.
- After the intense heat subsides, apply Vaseline or other occlusive ointment prescribed by you doctor to cover the treated area. This will reduce the chance for contamination and infection.
- Stay indoors and avoid environmental hazards including sunlight, dirt, smoke, etc.
- Sleep on your back with you head slightly elevated until the swelling subsides. Put a clean towel or cloth to separate you from the pillow.
- Apply eye lubrication or artificial tears if you feel irritated.
- Care for your face as directed by your doctor. Use the prescribed wash and tepid water. Reapply ointment after each wash.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Keep yourself hydrated and eat healthy, easily digested foods.
One Week after Treatment
- You can return to regular daily care and apply mineral based makeup only after healing is complete.
- Always wear a SPF30 or greater sun block.
- Continue to avoid excess sun and outside activities for the next 4 weeks. If you must go outside, wear a hat, sunglasses or use an umbrella for protection.
- Follow up with your doctor.
Follow this recovery plan to ensure a speedy recovery.