You might think it’s too early to think about bikini season, but in order to look your best come next summer, you need to plan ahead. The following three procedures can give you a drastic bikini bod makeover, but since it will take you six months to see the full effects, you need to start the process right now.
#1: Book a Thermage Treatment
Cellulite is the number one reason we fear beach season, but as little as one simple, non-invasive Thermage treatment six months before summer can drastically tighten skin and minimize the appearance of cellulite. So, how does it work?
- Thermage uses radio frequency pulses to heat and activate collagen production in the skin, which is effective against sagging and bulging skin and yields a tighter, less dimpled appearance.
- Thermage can performed on the majority of the body, including the face, abdomen, arms, buttocks and thighs.
- The skin tightening effect of Thermage can last for up to three years, while the smoothing of dimples from cellulite can last from six to 12 months after the results have set in.
- Thermage treatments are performed in a plastic surgeon's office, on an outpatient basis.
- Thermage can soften the appearance of scars.
- Although visible results will likely be immediate, measurable tightening and contouring will continue to appear after the initial treatment session.
Thus, for optimal results, Thermage treatments should be done about two to six months in advance.
#2: Get an IPL Photofacial
Beach season means lots of sun, but over time sun damage can cause major skin problems, so before you hit the sand, freshen up your complexion with a IPL Photofacial. How the IPL Photofacial works:
- An intense pulsed light to penetrate the layers of the skin, resulting in the production of collagen and new connective tissues.
- IPL Photofacial is proven effective at treating rosacea, age spots, wrinkles, veins, and skin that has been damaged by the sun's UV rays.
A few treatments might be recommended (usually a series of five to eight); however, IPL Photofacial results can be considered permanent, though touch-ups may be necessary every few years.
Since treatments are generally spaced three weeks apart, you should start scheduling your appointments now. And once you do hit the beach, be sure to always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen so your clear skin results can last longer.
#3: Laser Hair Removal from Arms/Legs/Bikini Line
And lastly, what says bikini-ready more than a smooth, hairfree body? Rather than deal with the hassle of constant shaving, many people look to laser hair removal for a permanent solution. Here’s how it works:
- Prior to beginning the laser treatment, the targeted area of skin will be thoroughly washed using alcohol.
- Once the technician has determined the necessary laser light energy settings for your skin type, the laser beam will be aimed at the hair follicles within the treatment region.
- The hair follicles absorb the laser's energy causing them to die. Depending on the area being treated, the procedure can last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
- Though laser hair removal should not be unusually painful, it is common to experience mild to moderate discomfort.
- In order to be effective, laser hair removal requires five to nine sessions, spaced approximately six weeks apart. With each subsequent session, a certain percentage of hair is removed until the skin ultimately becomes hair free. Hair is destroyed at the roots and once the hair is completely gone, the skin pores close giving way to sexy, smooth skin.
Three simple procedures, three great results. All it takes is a little planning, and you too can have a beach-ready body by the time the weather heats up. For more information on any of the aforementioned cosmetic procedures and to find a cosmetic specialist in your area, click here.