Dysport serves as one of the alternative options for curing cervical dystonia in males and females across the world. The widely available injectable solution also helps temporarily loosen and weaken muscle fibers to fix posture and reduce fixated positions.
Advantages of Dysport
- Dysport has become available in over 75 countries across the entire world. The cervical dystonia aid now serves millions of people who share similar problems.
- The widely available cervical dystonia solution has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration as an abobotulinumtoxinA injectable. The solution works to fix abnormal head and neck position and pain caused by irregular posture.
- The muscle relaxing solution also works for facial applications for the treatment of wrinkles in between the eyebrows. Dysport allows the muscles to relax and become weakened so the frowning impression becomes temporarily removed.
Disadvantages of Dysport
- Dysport does not get prescribed to women who have become pregnant or to children under the age of 18 years old. Medical studies have not completely proven that those under the age of 18 receive beneficial results from the treatment of Dysport.
- Those who have received other facial surgeries or altercations often must forgo Dysport procedures due to possible complications that have the chance of occurring.
- Allergen warnings cause patients with specific allergies to choose different options due to the chemical content of the Dysport solution.
- Those with other neuromuscular disorders have an increased risk to the possible numerous side effects caused by Dysport.
- Dysport does not work or mix well with other similar medicine doses, making the treatment difficult to substitute if a situation ensued.