Slim Lipo, also known as Selective Laser Induced Melting (SLIM), is a procedure that employs the latest laser technology, making liposuction an easy process with minimal recovery time. It is important to know what to expect during the recovery process after Slim Lipo.
Recovery after Slim Lipo
- After the Slim Lipo procedure, you may feel some pain and discomfort for the first 24 to 48 hours. You can get some over the counter drugs that can effectively relieve the pain.
- Swelling will be present, but not immediately after the procedure; the areas treated will be most swollen during the second day after the procedure. Typically, a constrictive bandage is placed on the treated areas (where possible) to reduce the swelling.
- You may also experience drainage for about 24 hours after the procedure. The fluid will contain the liquefied fat that hasn’t been extracted.
- Bruising is rare, but if present, this may persist for up to 3 days.
- Depending on your line of work, you may take 1 or 2 days off work.
- It's important to avoid strenuous activities during the first 2 weeks after the procedure.
- The entire recovery time is typically no more than 5 days, which is insignificant compared to the recovery time required for traditional liposuction.
The results of Slim Lipo will be visible after the swelling is gone; this happens 3 to 5 days after the surgery. The area will look slimmer and the skin will be tighter. However, the results may continue to improve in the following 6 to 8 weeks.