Prevelle Silk is an injectible dermal filler that uses hyaluronic acid and targets the fine lines and wrinkles on the face. The procedure is simple and has minimal downtime, but has a number of advantages and disadvantages that need to be considered.
Advantages of Prevelle Silk
Prevelle Silk is a treatment that uses hyaluronic acid, which can be safely used in patients with all types of skin. The advantages of Prevelle Silk include:
- Fast procedure, lasts only 10 to 15 minutes
- Reduces wrinkles without surgery risks
- More durable results than other dermal fillers, and the treatment may be reapplied without contraindications.
- The patient can return to normal activities immediately after the treatment, as the injections may only cause minor to moderate swelling.
- The face will have a natural look.
- Prevelle Silk can be combined with other treatments to improve skin texture and give a fresher appearance to the face.
Disadvantages of Prevelle Silk
Just like all cosmetic treatments, Prevelle Silk has a few disadvantages, which include:
- Allergic reactions to the hyaluronic acid
- Some people may not tolerate injections (needle phobia)
- The results are not permanent (may last up to 1 year)
- Cannot be used in all areas of the face (i.e. where the skin is thick)
- May be expensive, considering that the treatment will have to be reapplied once every 6 to 12 months, so the patient may pay less for a face lift, which has more durable results.